This tip is for those of you who like to use a sanding disc with your rotary tool. I don’t know about you, but sanding discs just don’t last long and can become very costly. Here is a way to make your own.
You will need:
- Plastic milk jug or a 1 liter plastic jug
- small punch or awl
- rubber cement or spray adhesive
- sandpaper (you choose the grit)
- scissors mandrel shank
- small screw driver
- circle template
- fine tipped marker
2. Trace the cut plastic shape onto the back of your sandpaper.
3. Cut out the sandpaper shape.
4. Apply rubber cement or spray adhesive to the back of the sandpaper and to the plastic piece.
5. Allow both to dry.
6. Attach the sandpaper to the plastic by pressing them both together.
7. Trace 1” circles onto the plastic try to get them close as possible.
8. Cut circles out with scissors.
9. Punch a small hole into the center of each circle.
10. Attach the sanding disc to the mandrel by pressing the mandrel’s screw through the disc’s center hole.
A sanding disc quickly sands flat edges, and is bendable allowing you to sand tight areas.
Lets hear about your ideas on making a tool to save money! Post your comments here.